What does the 'Find Bass Lessons' website offer Bassists?
- You can create your FBL account for free and...
- You can advertise your music events & gigs for free
- Review FBL tutors, associate and access lesson documents
- Access to all lessons within our bass lessons archive
- Find out which bass teachers are available in your area
Recent News & Info
From Our Online Bass Lessons Archive
Author - Alex Lofoco
Ability - Intermediate - Advanced
In this technique the right hand thumb (left for left-handed) is supposed to “pick” the string in both direction down and up. In traditional slap technique, the thumb hits the strings with only one movement (down), bouncing to load next stroke and the wrist is the fulcrum. Using double thumbing, introduced by Larry Graham and developed by Victor Wooten, we can, on the contrary, not bouncing but using an opposite motion to produce another sound (up).